Source Code: The source code for this release is available on Github under the 3.4.0-rc1 tag.
On behalf of the Haxe Foundation I am proud to announce that Haxe 3.4.0-rc1 is now officially released! It is available along with the changelog at https://haxe.org/download.
We went from the 3.3.0 RC to a new version because many things changed internally. The HashLink target is now fully operational and the compiler had many improvements to its IDE support capabilities.
Despite this being labeled a new minor version, we've fixed tons of bugs and implemented a variety of general improvements. Overall code output quality has increased further and several minor optimizations are in place.
Please test your Haxe code with this version and let us know if you come across any problems at https://github.com/HaxeFoundation/haxe/issues.
Thank you for your support
- all : support metadata completion
- all : support type-hint completion
- all : added @signature display mode (#4758)
- all : finalized HashLink (HL) target
- all : fixed various optimization issues
- all : fixed various issues with side-effect detection
- all : fixed performance drain in the DCE implementation (#5716)
- all : fixed issue with assignments when inlining constructor (#5340)
- all : fixed major inlining issue when using compilation server (#5320)
- all : fixed pattern matching evaluation order issue (#5274)
- cpp : fixed various minor code generation issues
- js : fixed issue regarding iterating over abstracts (#5385)
- python : fixed evaluation order issue for array writing (#5366)
General improvements and optimizations:
- all : greatly improved support for display mode in general
- all : made --times output look much nicer
- all : remove calls to functions that have no side-effect
- all : hid private property accessors from completion (#5678)
- js : updated jQuery extern (js.jquery.*) for jQuery 1.12.4 / 3.1.0 support.
- js : jQuery extern (js.jquery.*) now includes deprecated fields marked with @:deprecated.
- js : no longer rewrite
- cpp : greatly improved ObjC output and integration options
- lua : greatly improved code output quality
- all : added Any type (#5500)
- all : added haxe.extern.AsVar
- all : added haxe.macro.CompilationServer (experimental)
- all : fixed haxe.Template.resolve (#5301)
Full Changelog: See all commits between tags 3.3.0-rc1 and 3.4.0-rc1 on Haxe's Github account.